To get started, sign up below for your free class!

Want to know what CrossFit is and what to expect in your class? CLICK HERE!

2012-12-03

Meet Coach Meghan


I’ve played soccer my entire life (still do!) and felt a panic-inducing sense of dread the day of my last college match.  For the first time that I could remember, I didn’t have a season to train for and didn’t know what to do with the hours of my day I used to devote to that.  To fill the void, I took up running - 5ks, half-marathons, marathons – but quickly got bored with spending an hour on the treadmill every day after work (you couldn't pay me enough to do this just once now!).  As I was losing my interest in my monotonous gym routine, my roommates turned me on to a little something called Crossfit.   I took my first intro class and was so sore the next day that I couldn’t reach my arms up over my head (had to wash my hair in my kitchen sink!).  I was hooked!  It’s been over 2 years, and I’m happy to say that I’m still hooked!  Since completing my L-1 certification, I’ve enjoyed watching other people experience the same sense of excitement that I felt when I first walked into a Crossfit box, and still feel every day.   As a coach here at CFV, I hope to empower those who are intimidated by weights, and to push those who aren’t to achieve a new level of fitness.  Most importantly, I want everyone to HAVE FUN while they're surprising themselves with what they're capable of accomplishing!


I’ve played soccer my entire life (still do!) and felt a panic-inducing sense of dread the day of my last college match.  For the first time that I could remember, I didn’t have a season to train for and didn’t know what to do with the hours of my day I used to devote to that.  To fill the void, I took up running - 5ks, half-marathons, marathons – but quickly got bored with spending an hour on the treadmill every day after work (you couldn't pay me enough to do this just once now!).  As I was losing my interest in my monotonous gym routine, my roommates turned me on to a little something called Crossfit. 

I took my first intro class and was so sore the next day that I couldn’t reach my arms up over my head (had to wash my hair in my kitchen sink!).  I was hooked!  It’s been over 2 years, and I’m happy to say that I’m still hooked!  Since completing my L-1 certification, I’ve enjoyed watching other people experience the same sense of excitement that I felt when I first walked into a Crossfit box, and still feel every day. 

As a coach here at CFV, I hope to empower those who are intimidated by weights, and to push those who aren’t to achieve a new level of fitness.  Most importantly, I want everyone to HAVE FUN while they're surprising themselves with what they're capable of accomplishing! 

Level 1 CrossFit Certified, ANSI Accredited
CrossFit Olympic Weightlifting Certified


Meghan graciously answered some silly questions, go to the Meet the Coaches page to find out her silly answers.
2012-12-03

No comments:

Post a Comment