To get started, sign up below for your free class!

Want to know what CrossFit is and what to expect in your class? CLICK HERE!

2012-12-16

Meet Coach Pat


I never participated in organized sports after little league. I was in marching band in high school. I got an engineering degree from a nerdy school you probably haven't heard of. 

In 2006, I got my first job out of school. I spend most of my day sitting at a desk in an office. I used to eat every type of fast food you can imagine. I would occasionally jog a couple miles or bench press in my apartment after work, and I considered myself to be in pretty good shape. I didn't notice that I was slowly putting on weight and moving further and further from fitness. In May of 2009, I finally took a look at myself and didn't like what I saw. A couple of friends from work discovered this free online workout program that had them doing some pretty unconventional workouts at our free gym. I tried my first Crossfit workout and did so many pull ups I couldn't lift my arms over my head. I was hooked. 

My first day I could do one strict unassisted pull up. I had never deadlifted before. I didn't know what an olympic lift was. I followed the programming online and watched videos and tried to teach myself the movements. I was getting stronger, feeling better, and liked the way I looked.

In July of 2010, I happened to meet the love of my life at a party. We started dating, and I couldn't believe how much she was paying to go to a Crossfit box when I was working out at my gym at work for free. I held out for a few months, but in April of 2011 I tried a couple free classes at her box and I loved working out in a group with the supervision of a coach. And they had bumper plates! And they played loud music! I haven't worked out by myself since. We tried our first paleo challenge and our diet has never been the same.

In November 2011, two important things happened in my life. I asked my girlfriend to marry me (and she said yes!), and we decided to work out with Leo at Crossfit Veracity. We came to CFV because we thought Leo was a great coach, because we wanted more personal attention from coaches, and because we like the tight community that Leo was building.

I got my coaching Certificate in June 2012 so I could help other people improve their lives the way that I did. I'm always looking for new ways to improve myself, to push myself to places I didn't know I could go, trying to find out what my limits are. Above all else, I Crossfit because it's fun, and I want to make it fun for you too.

Level 1 CrossFit Certified, ANSI Accredited
CrossFit Olympic Weightlifting Certified (by Josh Everett - his arch nemesis)

Pat graciously answered some silly questions, go to the Meet the Coaches page to find out his silly answers.
2012-12-16

No comments:

Post a Comment