To get started, sign up below for your free class!

Want to know what CrossFit is and what to expect in your class? CLICK HERE!

2012-01-23

Paleo Challenge: Week One Done

Some of you have seen results already, some have not. Some have resisted temptation, some have not. The message for either group is the same: Stay The Course! Don't get complacent and think you can rest on your week-old laurels and deserve a cheat meal - Stay The Course! If you fell off the wagon and gave in, get back on that wagon - Stay The Course! A few nuggets to think about this week:

Do your best to plan ahead and be prepared. Don't miss any meals. If it's between ordering a sandwich or not eating for 6 hours - order the sandwich (and do your best not to make a mess when you throw out the bread).

Do not weigh yourself everyday. Be patient and wait a few weeks. The stress you get from daily weigh-ins is not worth it. Next time you weight yourself -  a few weeks from now - try to make the conditions the same as when you last weighed yourself.

Drink plenty of water! So what you get up to pee every 10 min? You're probably not headed for an unhealthy snack or thinking about that comfort food you gave up. Great things happen when you hydrate your body so drink up.

So how did everyone do yesterday?
2012-01-23

14 comments:

  1. Day 8 - no cheating.....very hard being surrounded by tempting food but I made it thru.....I also lost 1lb....woohoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not do so well this weekend. We had dinner with some friends on Saturday. I order a chicken dish, but the rice it came with was speaking to me. Then yesterday we had a late family holiday thing at my cousin's house who is a chef. It was worth it. Stayed the course during football though. 2 out of 8 cheat meals gone, but well used. Back on track though today. Better planning and more food around the house will certainly do the trick. Go Giants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rice does have such a sultry voice - but glad to hear you have a game plan for the week!

      Delete
  3. Day 8 - no cheat. I tried to think of something I wanted to eat as a cheat meal and came up empty.I always knew I was a caveman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Day 8, had a cheat meal last night for dinner. Had a slight case of food poisoning shortly after lunch and did not have the energy to prep something for dinner. Instead, just gave in for one meal with the family with one serving of rice noodles with a sauce that is not worthy of being called paleo. But on a positive note, I feel like I've seen results since being paleo for a week now and glad that I'm not as moody as I used to be while I'm low-carb and sugar deprived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're feeling better and glad that you're seeing results!

      Delete
  5. No cheating on Day 8 for Pat and I. We made sweet potato chips and guac to get us through the game. It's one thing to not drink a beer during the playoffs, but we're both pretty sure that we'll have to fall off the wagon for the Superbowl. I can't watch Eli make Brady cry without enjoying a celebratory brew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, I just got the office email about Girl Scout cookies being sold. I'm sending a prayer out to the cookie gods that they'll show up after our challenge is over, because a box of tagalongs will be the death of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on the chips w/ guac. Just politely ask to be taken off the office wide GSC email :)

      Delete
  7. Day 8 was tough with going to a Colombian restaurant with the fam after church but I just had steak and salad. Also make some extra food this weekend which should help tremendously this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Football killed me...I had a bunch of beer (tried staying with light beer but couldn't) but did pretty well with the food. We had paleo wings and smoked some ribs for the football game but BBQ sauce was definitely not paleo...it was used sparingly. With more prep, I could've made a paleo BBQ sauce. I am down six pounds and feeling great.

    Also feeling pretty good about today's WOD; definitely worked on a goat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One full week of Paleo. Down 9 lbs. We ate dinner first at home and then went out for the game. It made it much easier to resist all the "junk food". We swam a mile in the morning and prepped/cooked for the week. Our days are easier and more convenient if our meals are planned and ready to go. Today, day 8, was easy, but exhausted by the weekend's activities. Let's Go Big Blue!

    ReplyDelete