To get started, sign up below for your free class!

Want to know what CrossFit is and what to expect in your class? CLICK HERE!

2012-01-30

Paleo Challenge: Week Two in the Books

Great job to everyone for two weeks in!


A few more nuggets to think about:


Write down what you eat - you'll definitely think twice about going off track if you have to write down "fries and a shake" with your bunless burger.


Are you getting your sleep? Please don't think that your body doesn't need its rest and recovery just because you are eating better. It will help with any moodiness you may be exhibiting - just sayin'.


Have I mentioned that you should be drinking plenty of water recently?


While I feel ok eating the same things all the time (right now I'm back on my almond butter kick) many of you have a more refined pallet. If it's diversity you want/crave in your food, you're going to have to conquer the fear of the kitchen and actually cook. To help give you ideas of what's possible, CFV will be having a Paleo Pot Luck Dinner on February 9th from 8:00-10:00pm at a very gracious member's home. This will be limited to 16 people so please contact me with what food you will be preparing (and bringing) and I will give you further details.


Happy eating this week!



2012-01-30

12 comments:

  1. Day 15 - no cheating! I wish I could be at the dinner but I have my friends 40th....
    This is going to be a solid week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day 14 & 15 did not go so well for me. Day 14 I knew I wouldnt be home all day and not have any options. I knew it would be a cheat meal, and the 2 slices of pizza to get me through were good. Day 15 was supposed to be good, but I ended up going to the hospital to see my uncle. He got rushed there in the morning, so I spent all day there with the family. Not a lot of good options unfortunately in the situation. So another cheat meal. 4 out of 8 gone :(

    Biggest problem is that I am going with friends on an impromptu trip to Cancun on Wednesday until Sunday. That will be interesting, and I promise you all I will do my best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day 15 - we spent the day working on my dad's house that was destroyed over the summer by Hurricane Irene. We were good for breakfast, lunch and snacks in between...but at the end of the day we broke down and ate the free pizza that was offered up for dinner. Cheat Meal #1 down, and I'm not going to lie...it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why does Pat make you do his dirty work?

      Delete
    2. This post goes for both of us. I had 3 slices. It was damn tasty.

      I plan on sticking with strict paleo for the duration of this challenge because, well, I want to win. But after that I think I'll go back to my normal "mostly" paleo.

      Delete
    3. We must have been typing our comments at the same time.

      I'd say we've split the posting responsibilities about 50/50, why do I have to be the one that gets the comments?

      Delete
    4. Getting cranky - consequence of eating a non-paleo meal.

      Delete
  4. Day 15, no cheat. My family is starting to get self-conscious of what they eat around me thinking that everything is unhealthy now. Less rice is being consumed in the household and anything with potatoes is being replaced with sweet potatoes. Definitely makes it easier for me to find something to eat without trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forcing families to eat healthy since 2.5 Million B.C.

      Delete
  5. Day 15 - used my 1st cheat meal on my bday dinner. As I told Leonardo, about 10 minutes after finishing manicotti, carrot cake (and my 1st beer in 2 weeks), I felt horrible. I had a headache (I assume from the sugar), and let's just say my body wasn't thrilled about the cheese. I'm back on the horse and feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete